The Brimfield Evangelical Free Church exists for the purpose of glorifying God through:
- Worship that exalts Christ and builds up the believers.
- Biblical preaching that teaches the Bible as relevant to daily living.
- Outreach and involvement into the surrounding community and the world.
- Disciple making of all believers equipping them to use their gifts in serving Christ.
- Fellowship with one another and other believers in Christ.
- Instruction in the basic doctrines and disciplines of the Christian faith.
We desire to be a Church that is always seeking to:
- Proclaim Biblical truth which impacts the lives of the people.
- Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ through our involvement in the community and in missionary support.
- Promote Christ like acceptance and support of those who come to the church.
- Produce Christians who demonstrate their faith in God’s ability to answer prayer.
- Produce Christians who prayerfully seek and submit themselves to the leading of the Holy Spirit and the use of their Spiritual Gifts.
- Produce disciples of Jesus Christ who openly express their faith in Him.
- Offer worship that exalts and honors God and allows His people to experience Him.
- Develop the spiritual growth of our youth.
THIS WE BELIEVE
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures, Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
- That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
- That the true Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head.
- That only those who are thus members of the true Church shall be eligible for membership in the local church.
- That Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right under Christ to decide and govern its own affairs.
- In the imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
- In the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.