The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has forced us to analyze how we perform our ministries and develop new practices to protect those in our community that are at higher risk of complications from the virus.
During this time Brimfield Evangelical Free church has developed some safety procedures to reduce the risk of infection for all who attend our services and youth programs. We recommend that anyone who attends our services wear a mask and should perform social distancing. We also ask that if you are sick, have symptoms, or have been directly exposed to someone with a positive COVID-19 test result, that you stay home to prevent anyone from being exposed for the current recommended length of time. We also offer our sermons online through YouTube for anyone who would prefer to stay home during this time.
At the bottom of this page you will find a downloadable document with the statement written by our Senior Pastor on we are addressing COVID-19 at our church. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you have about our response.
AWANA will return this year. The following are the guidelines for dropping your children off at AWANA.
- Waiver forms- Parents and/or legal guardians must register their children and complete our liability waiver and information form on the first night of attendance. This must be done by a legal parent or guardian. A phone number must be given on the registration form so that we may reach you in case of emergency or exposure. A copy will be available for download so you may have it filled out before attending.
- Temperatures- All children will be required to have their temperature taken every night before parents will be allowed to leave them at the church. All children with a fever will be sent home.
- Masks- Masks will be worn by children while inside the building. We will attempt to hold events outside when weather allows.
- Social Distancing- Our leaders will attempt to enforce social distancing on children to the best of their ability. We understand how this can be difficult especially in younger children. We have designed our classrooms to give us the most efficient use of space to protect the children in our ministry. We will use outdoor spaces when weather permits.
- Recent exposure or symptoms- We ask that if your child has been exposed to someone with a known positive test result, displays symptoms, or has been sick, that you keep them out of AWANA for 14 days from initial exposure or symptom presentation.
**These guidelines are similar to those put in place by the schools making it easier for children to follow. The guidelines may change as needed based on new information and regulations.**
AWANA Registration Forms
Sunday Morning Reopening Statement
Below is a statement prepared by the senior Pastor and approved by the elders of the church on our churches reopening for Sunday morning worship service.